Coffee Meringue Nests with Chocolate Ice Cream
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules or ground instant espresso
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Chocolate Ice Cream
- PREHEAT oven to 250° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and coffee granules in medium bowl; stir well.
- BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar mixture; continue to beat until glossy and stiff peaks have formed.
- SPOON about ¼ cup mixture into mounds on prepared baking sheets. With back of spoon, create indent in the middle to hold the ice cream.
- BAKE for 1 hour. Turn off oven; keep meringues in oven to dry out and cool for 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- TO SERVE, place meringues on dessert plates; top with chopped strawberries, if desired. Top with scoop of ice cream. Serve with a spoon.