Baked Alaska Cups
YOU WILL NEED:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box (18.3 ounces) brownie mix or your favorite brownie recipe
- 3 cups DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Real Strawberry Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PLACE six 8-ounce custard cups on baking sheet; set aside.
- SPRAY 11 x 7-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; line pan with foil, allowing foil to hang over edges of pan. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- PREPARE brownie mix according to package directions; spread in prepared pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely in pan; lift brownie from pan using foil overhang. Cut into six rounds with a 3-inch diameter cookie or biscuit cutter.
- PLACE each brownie round in the bottom of the custard cups. Top with ½ cup of slightly softened ice cream and smooth to sides of cup. Place on baking sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- BEAT egg whites in an electric mixer with whisk attachment on medium speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar; continue to beat until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar and vanilla extract; continue beating until glossy peaks form.
- REMOVE cups from freezer. Spoon the meringue evenly over the top of each cup (roughly ½-3/4 cup each), covering the top completely and swirling the meringue into a high dome.
- PREHEAT oven to 500° F.
- BAKE for 2 minutes or until meringue is browned. Serve immediately.