Grilled Pound Cake with Seasonal Berries and Apple-Ginger Syrup
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 slices (1/8-inch-thick) fresh ginger, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 basket (16 ounces) strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup (one 4.4-ounce container) blueberries
- 1 package (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/4-inch or smaller star cookie cutters
- 1 container (14 ounces) DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- COMBINE Juicy Juice, ginger and sugar in glass 2-cup measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 2 minutes or until bubbly. Allow ginger to steep for 10 minutes. Remove ginger and refrigerate syrup for 1 hour or until ready to use.
- COMBINE strawberries and blueberries in medium bowl; drizzle with apple-ginger syrup. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (can be made up to one day ahead).
- CUT pound cake in half; then cut into ½-inch-thick slices lengthwise (making 8 slices total). Using star-shaped cookie cutter, cut pound cake into star shapes, if desired. Spray grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat pan over medium heat. Grill pound cake for about 2 minutes per side until golden.
- TO SERVE: Place one slice of grilled pound cake in each of 8 bowls. Top with a scoop of ice cream and a scoop of berries and syrup.
- Cook’s Tip: If you don’t have a grill pan, toast pound cake slices in a toaster or on a clean outdoor grill.