Autumn-Spiced Pumpkin Shortbread
YOU WILL NEED:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin (use 1/2 cup for a softer shortbread)
- 2 teaspoons sparkling or granulated sugar
- Pumpkin Spice or Eggnog DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 300° F. Spray bottom of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl.
- BEAT butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Spread dough into prepared pan; smooth top.
- BAKE for 80 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Immediately sprinkle top with sparkling sugar. Cool for about 10 minutes; remove side from pan. Use long, serrated knife to cut into wedges. Serve warm with ice cream.