Frosty Vanilla Berry Cloud
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4 pound fresh blackberries, raspberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice for each 1/4 cup of berry puree
- 2 cups plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, softened slightly
- PLACE berries and sugar in a medium saucepan; heat slowly over low to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Boil gently for 10 minutes.
- BLEND berry mixture in blender or food processor; strain into a bowl. Cool; stir in lemon juice. Can be prepared up to three days ahead and refrigerated until serving time.
- FOLD yogurt into ice cream in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Mixture should be the consistency of a light mousse.
- SLOWLY pour the berry mixture over the ice cream while gently stirring and lifting to create a ripple effect. Divide between 8 glass dishes or wine glasses; serve immediately with extra berries, if desired.
- NOTE: Adjust the amount of sugar for cooking the berries according to how ripe they are. If berries are very ripe, they will need less sugar.