Independence Day Skookie
YOU WILL NEED:
- 10-inch cast iron skillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
- Fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries (optional)
- NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Flavor Syrup (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; stir.
- BEAT butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Press into cast iron skillet.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown throughout. Cool for 10 minutes; serve topped with ice cream. Sprinkle with berries; drizzle with Nesquik.